Sign up for our Costume Contest and compete on our Main Stage to win cash and prizes! Spots are limited. The Costume Contest (for participants 12 and older) will be on Saturday Oct. 25th, and the Children Costume Contest (for participants 12 and younger) will be on Sunday Oct. 26th.
Costume Contest Rules
1. You must have a VIP or General Admission pass to enter the Costume Contest.
2. You must be registered to participate in the contest.
3. Only one entry per person or group. Winners must be present to receive cash prizes. Cash prize will be split among contestants who enter in a group.
4. South Texas Horror Con is a family friendly event. Costumes must cover at least as much as a two piece swimsuit would.
5. Costumes that have won previous STHC costume contests will not be eligible for prizes in this year’s contest.
6. Judges’ decisions are final.
Weapons & Prop Policy
All weapons and props must comply with STHC Rules.
Actual firearms of any kind of not permitted.
Simulated weapons must be non-firing and have a brightly colored cap.
Live steel weapons are not permitted.
Smoke, pyrotechnics and projectiles are not allowed.
Violation of these rules will result in ejection from the convention.
Pre-judging allows the judges a chance to appreciate the detail that goes into constructing a handmade costume before the on stage portion of the Costume Contest. Costume Contest participants do not have to be pre-judged to compete in the Costume Contest. It is optional and only for participants with original creations.
Contestants who register for the pre-judging portion of the Costume Contest must meet the following criteria:
Costume must be at least 70% handmade by the wearer. Commissions may be pre-judged only if the creator is present.
Contestants may bring progress or reference pictures – only printed photos are permitted – CDs, USBs etc. will not be accepted.
If you are pre-judged you must compete in the on-stage portion of the contest to be eligible for prizes.
You must be registered to participate in the Costume Contest. Registration times TBA.
1st Place- $100 & trophy
2nd Place-$50 & trophy
3rd Place-$25 & framed certificate
Children’s Costume Contest – Top 3 win a trophy, and all participants receive a ribbon